Originally published March 1, 2011
In honor of my non-birthday (I'm a leapyear baby, so neither yesterday nor today was really my birthday, although that didn't keep me from celebrating!) I've decided to make a list of 30 things I want to do by the time I turn 30 in 2014. In no certain order:
1. Run a 5K.
2. Adopt a child.
3. Travel to New York City.
4. Travel to Seattle.
5. Take a vacation to Hawaii.
6. Renew my wedding vows (our 10th anniversary will not be until Dec. 24, 2014, so this might happen a little later than my 30th birthday).
7. Have another biological child.
8. Teach my daughter to recognize her ABC's.
9. Completely organize my craft area.
10. Learn how to perfectly distress a painted piece of furniture.
11. Go on an international mission trip.
12. Pay off both our cars.
13. Become a stay-at-home mom.
14. Make a quilt.
15. Learn how to sew a zipper.
16. Make a slipcover.
17. Relearn Spanish.
18. Grow out my hair. Completed from 10/2009-10/2011
19. Chop off my hair. Completed 10/2011
20. Buy my husband an iPad.
21. Wear a size 6.
22. Learn to cook something new.
23. Play in the rain with my kids.
24. Surprise my husband. Just once.
25. Purchase an original piece of art.
26. Throw a dinner party.
27. Start my own business.
28. Redesign an entire room using only antique or flea market purchases.
29. Take a cruise.
30. Read my Bible all the way through (but chronologically).