Home     About Me     My Hubby     30 by 30

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Big News!

Today we received this.....

Because of this.....

We are so excited to announce that we are expecting a new addition this Spring!!! (And yes, baby #2 definitely showed a lot faster than baby #1. Chris is convinced there are two in there, but I have had 2 ultrasounds to prove him otherwise.)

This has definitely not been the plan for the last two years, but we knew we really wanted to have another biological child. It wasn't a quick and easy process with Lilli, so when the "great slow down" with the adoption happened, we decided to leave it up to God as to which child would join our family next. Two months later we were pregnant.

We have made the very difficult decision to leave Gladney (current process requires that we go on hold until the new baby is 6 months old or terminate our contract). This was not easy. We still feel like adoption is God's plan for our family. Once the baby is born, we will start looking into different adoption options that will be open to us because we are older than we were when we started the Ethiopian process and because God has opened our hearts to different avenues of adoption we weren't previously open to.

I will still be following each and every one of your family's adoption stories. I can't wait to hear about all of your great news!! Since our adoption process is on hold, I will probably start our family blog back up, but more to come on that later. Thank you for all of the support you've given us over the last two years! It means more than you could ever know.